"I am hunting for my perfect keyboard. I have not been able to find any vendor that matches my dream spec exactly, so I thought I would ask here before I start to compromise.
Here are the desired specs:
- the main part of the keyboard must be a 101-key layout, so no Win95 keys or internet keys (I would tolerate Win95 keys if they were out of the way - ie. above the numeric keypad)
- USB connector (but must still work with PS/2 adaptor in an emergency)
- 2 USB ports (obviously these will not be expected to work with the PS/2 adaptor)
- straight Enter key (not the big-L type)
- no 'ergonomic'split layout
- compact footprint (regular sized keyboard, but no extraneous molding that takes up desk space) maybe 18"x6.5"
- good quality and construction
JonMartin mentions that a few of his requests are quite subjective, so he's willing to try a few to see how they work out, so try to leave out those recommendations that are sold "as-is", please.