Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

×
Linux Software

The Duke of URL is RIP; Now what? 11

Posted by Cliff
from the so-long-and-thanks-to-another-departed-net.resource dept.
Michael Stutz asks: "The Duke of URL announced today that he's closing up shop. His site was, I think, the best for getting a handle on seeing what new hardware worked well with Linux, with lots of smart reviews and links to deals. Better than any hardware database I've seen, the Duke of URL offered opinions based on personal experience and knowledge. Not having time to try out and tinker with all the latest myself, it was good to check out his latest Linux Buyer's Guide and see what came recommended as not only working with Linux but working well with Linux -- it was kind of like the old "Alice & Bill" column in Computer Shopper magazine, except for users of Linux and Open Source software. So now where to go to get good recommendations on hardware that works well with free software?"

The Duke of URL is RIP; Now what?

The next person to mention spaghetti stacks to me is going to have his head knocked off. -- Bill Conrad