greywar asks: "Currently I deal with a OEM [name withheld since this is not a trashing, but rather a request for advice] that has literally wasted over $1000 of my company's time just to arrange a repair on a $5 fan on a computer in Malaysia. I mistakenly used this OEM based on a PAST history of good support. What OEM is providing the best international computer warranty repair service these days?""The mistakes my current OEM have made include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Transferring a service tag incorrectly
- Refusing to repair the computer without the tag-even if we offered to simply pay for it.
- Long hold times.
- Saying they would repair it then losing the information.
- Claiming that when they said they would repair it they were mistaken.
- Telling us they could sell us the part.....if we waited 15 days.
- Blaming us for the tag transfer-where it appears we labeled it chemical use [I find this hard to believe], and the transfer team asked for clarification from the OEM's internal tag transfer team-who never replied and then were told the tag transfer was canceled, and then never telling us about either communication!
- Sending us the wrong computer systems....repeatedly."