- ...research on the internet, in magazines and also pestering friends who own one, so you're an expert before buying said item?
- ...carefully read the box and all of the instructions even before unwrapping the protective plastic?
- ...study the instructions and the quickstart guide?
- ...refer to the instructions and study the quickstart guide?
- ...lose the instructions when throwing the packaging away, but study the quickstart guide hoping for the best?
- ...look at quickstart guide when it's not obvious how to turn it on?
- ...frantically search the instruction book after letting the 'magic smoke' out of your appliance hoping you'll find somewhere saying it's suppose to do that?
- ...after it's been smashed to pieces with a hammer?"
An anonymous reader asks: "I originally submitted this as a poll, but the answers I'm guessing, were way too long. However, I would like to ask the crowd at Slashdot: When do you read the instructions?""So when do you reach for that instruction booklet? Do you: