Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

×
Media The Internet

Best Science News Podcasts? 136

Posted by Cliff
from the internet-broadcasts-for-the-brain dept.
scienceListener asks: "As an avid radio listener with an interest in science and technology communication, I'm really excited about podcasts. I've found many that I like, and many more that are just terrible. One of the areas I find very lacking is science news podcasting. Aside from some very good podcasts that are really repackaged radio shows (NPR's Science Friday and their aggregated Health and Science, Canada's Quirks and Quarks, Australia's The Science Show, and a few others), and a couple produced by science centers (the Current Science & Technology Podcast from Boston's Museum of Science and the Redshift Report from the Ontario Science Centre -- which is good but isn't really about science news), I haven't found any independently-produced science podcasts worth listening to. Is anyone doing science news without the help of a major organization and doing it well?"

Best Science News Podcasts?

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning