Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

Note: You can take 10% off all Slashdot Deals with coupon code "slashdot10off." ×
Education

A Teacher Asking Students To Destroy Notes? 931

zwei2stein writes "I found this question with far-reaching implications in the off-topic section of a forum I frequent: 'My economics teacher is forcing us to give up all of our work for the semester. Every page of notes and paper must be turned over to her to be destroyed to prevent future students from copying it. My binder was in my backpack, and she went into my backpack to take it. Is that legal?' Besides the issue with private property invasion, which was the trigger of that post, there is much more important question: Can a teacher ask a student not to retain knowledge? How does IP law relate to teaching and sharing knowledge? Whose property are those notes?"

A Teacher Asking Students To Destroy Notes?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

"You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape." - Ellyn Mustard