Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

Note: You can take 10% off all Slashdot Deals with coupon code "slashdot10off." ×
Data Storage

Ask Slashdot: How Do You File Paper Documents At Home? 371

swamp boy writes "How do you file paper documents at home? I'm mostly asking about things like monthly paper-based statements that get mailed to you (credit cards, gas cards, medical bills, health insurance explanation of benefits, electricity bill, natural gas bill, water bill, etc.). Do you push to have as many sent electronically as possible? Do you scan the paper documents to store electronically and then shred the paper document? How do you manage and organize the ones stored electronically? I've been doing this the old-fashioned way with manila file folders, but as time goes by I keep thinking that I should opt for digital storage. What works for you?"

Ask Slashdot: How Do You File Paper Documents At Home?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

And it should be the law: If you use the word `paradigm' without knowing what the dictionary says it means, you go to jail. No exceptions. -- David Jones