Slashdot stories can be listened to in audio form via an RSS feed, as read by our own robotic overlord.

×
AT&T Communications United States Wireless Networking

Ask Slashdot: Best Smartphone Plan For a US Vacation? 200

from the might-help-the-natives-too dept.
SJrX writes "I am planning on visiting the Pacific Northwest for several weeks, and was looking for the best smartphone option available. Roaming data rates and SMS rates are ridiculously high (best plans are $0.80 / MB, and $0.75 / message). Beyond AT&T and Verizon Prepaid, are there any other options? (I'm on an iPhone 4 so GSM is a must.) I assume in the US, I have no credit history for which to qualify for a plan, and a contract is obviously out of the question. Data and SMS are the only important things, with a few hundred minutes being plenty. I'm only planning on being in the US for 2 or 3 weeks, but mainly in rural areas (US Route 101) so large (3G) coverage is important."

Ask Slashdot: Best Smartphone Plan For a US Vacation?

"Well I don't see why I have to make one man miserable when I can make so many men happy." -- Ellyn Mustard, about marriage