Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

×
Android Cellphones Networking

Ask Slashdot: Which Android Phone (and Carrier) For WiFi Proxy Support? 125

from the good-luck-with-all-that dept.
frisket writes "My current phone contract is about to run out, and I'm due a phone upgrade. My HTC Hero has been fine except for the notorious lack of Android proxy support for wireless connections, so I want a new Android phone which provides this. None of the phone companies hereabouts (Ireland) seems to know anything about this, and the forums offer conflicting advice. Is it true that wifi proxy support is disabled to force users to use their phone company's IP connection? What choices do I have (if any)?"

Ask Slashdot: Which Android Phone (and Carrier) For WiFi Proxy Support?

If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you. -- Muhammad Ali