Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

Note: You can take 10% off all Slashdot Deals with coupon code "slashdot10off." ×
Crime Security Transportation

Ask Slashdot: Inexpensive Anti-Theft Vehicle Tracking System? 296

New submitter Chuckles08 writes "I'm about to complete the purchase of an electric scooter that is worth over $5,000. Since I'll be parking it on a college campus, it will be vulnerable to theft. I'd like to install some kind of tracking device on it but the solutions I've seen so far seem quite expensive. Are there any reasonably priced and effective solutions out there? Ideally, I'd like to be informed by text message if my scooter moves without my knowing. I'd like to then track the scooter's movements." And anything small enough to work for a scooter might be very useful for car owners, too.

Ask Slashdot: Inexpensive Anti-Theft Vehicle Tracking System?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the sole test of the validity of any idea is experiment." -- Richard P. Feynman