Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

×
Crime Security Transportation

Ask Slashdot: Inexpensive Anti-Theft Vehicle Tracking System? 296

from the pulley-to-the-roof-each-night dept.
New submitter Chuckles08 writes "I'm about to complete the purchase of an electric scooter that is worth over $5,000. Since I'll be parking it on a college campus, it will be vulnerable to theft. I'd like to install some kind of tracking device on it but the solutions I've seen so far seem quite expensive. Are there any reasonably priced and effective solutions out there? Ideally, I'd like to be informed by text message if my scooter moves without my knowing. I'd like to then track the scooter's movements." And anything small enough to work for a scooter might be very useful for car owners, too.

Ask Slashdot: Inexpensive Anti-Theft Vehicle Tracking System?

Kiss your keyboard goodbye!