Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

×
Technology

Ask Slashdot: Making a Tablet Run Only One Application? 260

Posted by Unknown Lamer
from the write-your-own-exokernel dept.
An anonymous reader asks "I'm working for a medical centre who want to make a tablet with various videos and webpages about smoking cessation available in their waiting room. The tablet can't access the Internet because of security policies. I'm planning to use a local server with copies of the (Creative Commons) videos and pages accessed through local webpages using the tablet's browser. How can I make only the browser be available to the tablet users? Ideas? Suggestions?"

Ask Slashdot: Making a Tablet Run Only One Application?

"Most of us, when all is said and done, like what we like and make up reasons for it afterwards." -- Soren F. Petersen