Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×
Communications Cellphones

Ask Slashdot: Best Mobile Phone Solution With No Data Plan? 294 294

from the old-ways-are-best dept.
New submitter clorkster writes "I am looking to upgrade my mobile phone. I have always bought the cheapest possible phone with the least features since I only use it to make calls and text. Further, I am opposed to paying for internet access twice and my home access is certainly more important and necessary. I am now running into the issue that my phone is too archaic to receive text messages from newer smart phones (they somehow become picture messages). Any thoughts on a good smart phone without data plan or an almost smart phone solution?"

Ask Slashdot: Best Mobile Phone Solution With No Data Plan?

The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.