Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×
Books

Ask Slashdot: What Books Have Had a Significant Impact On Your Life? 700 700

gspec writes "A little background about me: 36-year-old computer engineer working in the Bay Area. While I bring in a comfortable salary, I consider myself an underachiever, and my career is stagnant (I have only been promoted four times in my 12-year career). I have led a couple projects, but I am not in any sort of leadership/management position. I realize I need to do something to enhance my career, and unfortunately, going back to school is not an option. One thing I can do is to read more quality books. My question: which books, of any type or genre, have had a significant impact on your life?"

Ask Slashdot: What Books Have Had a Significant Impact On Your Life?

You can do this in a number of ways. IBM chose to do all of them. Why do you find that funny? -- D. Taylor, Computer Science 350