For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×
Businesses

Ask Slashdot: Interviewing Your Boss? 219 219

First time accepted submitter Uzuri writes "I'm soon going to have the experience of interviewing an individual to be my direct supervisor. I have in mind several things to ask already, especially since I also have the strange position of working as a technical person in a non-technical office and want to be able to be certain that the interviewee understands exactly what that means without coming off as hostile or condescending. What sort of questions would you ask/have you asked the person who was to be your boss? What sort of tells would you look for? What's out of bounds?"

Ask Slashdot: Interviewing Your Boss?

The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to hang yourself. And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.