Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

What's the story with these ads on Slashdot? Check out our new blog post to find out. ×
Education

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer? 514

ichimunki writes "I am a mid-career software developer. I am from the Midwestern U.S. and my native language is English. I've studied a few languages over the years, both human and computer. Lately I've begun to wonder what is the best second (human) language for someone in this field to have. Or is there even any practical value in working to become fluent in a non-English language? I am not planning to travel or move/work abroad. But if I knew a second language, would I be able to participate in a larger programming community worldwide? Would I be able to work with those folks in some useful capacity? Perhaps building products for foreign markets?"

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

"Bond reflected that good Americans were fine people and that most of them seemed to come from Texas." - Ian Fleming, "Casino Royale"