Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

×
Education

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer? 514

Posted by Soulskill
from the can't-go-wrong-learning-klingon dept.
ichimunki writes "I am a mid-career software developer. I am from the Midwestern U.S. and my native language is English. I've studied a few languages over the years, both human and computer. Lately I've begun to wonder what is the best second (human) language for someone in this field to have. Or is there even any practical value in working to become fluent in a non-English language? I am not planning to travel or move/work abroad. But if I knew a second language, would I be able to participate in a larger programming community worldwide? Would I be able to work with those folks in some useful capacity? Perhaps building products for foreign markets?"

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer?

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out. Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."