Slashdot stories can be listened to in audio form via an RSS feed, as read by our own robotic overlord.

×
Programming Software

Ask Slashdot: How To React To Coworker Who Says My Code Is Bad? 507

from the very-strong-lye-solution-coffee dept.
A week ago, you read the other side of the same question. Now, an anonymous reader writes "I have been with my company for 10+ years and have seen many development cycles on our projects. We have a developer intern who has not been on the team for very long. On day one he started ripping into my code on how terrible it is. We have a code base of roughly 50,000 lines of code. When he comes to me with a complaint about the code it is simply because he does not have the experience with it to actually understand what the code is doing. He is a smart guy with lots of promise, he is asking good questions, but how do I get him to look past his own self perceived greatness enough to slow down and learn what we are doing and how we have pulled it off?"

Ask Slashdot: How To React To Coworker Who Says My Code Is Bad?

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation with detail.