Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

×
Open Source

Ask Slashdot: What Does the FOSS Community Currently Need? 356

Posted by samzenpus
from the lend-a-hand dept.
First time accepted submitter d33tah writes "In the summer term of my final year of IT's bachelor's course in my university, every student is obliged to develop his own project; the only requirement is that the application would use any kind of a database. While others are thinking of another useless system for an imaginary company that nobody would actually use, I'd rather hack up something the FL/OSS community actually needs. The problem is — how to figure out what it could be?"

Ask Slashdot: What Does the FOSS Community Currently Need?

"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company."