Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×
Security Crime Privacy

Ask Slashdot: Identity Theft Attempt In Progress; How To Respond? 239 239

An anonymous reader writes "It appears that two weeks ago my email address got into the wrong database. Since that time there have been continuing attempts to access my accounts and create new accounts in my name. I have received emails asking me to click the link below to confirm I want to create an account with Twitter, Facebook, Apple Games Center, Facebook mobile account, and numerous pornographic sites. I have not attempted to create accounts on any of these services. I have also received 16 notices from Apple about how to reset my Apple ID. I am guessing these notices are being automatically generated in response to too many failed login attempts. At this point I have no reason to believe any of my accounts have been compromised but I see no good response."

Ask Slashdot: Identity Theft Attempt In Progress; How To Respond?

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning