Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

×
Businesses

Ask Slashdot: Where Are the Complete Hosting Providers? 178

Posted by samzenpus
from the all-in-one dept.
Kludge writes "In 2000 there were thousands of email/web hosting businesses. In 2013 not much has changed. To get my email/web/webmail/domain/VOIP/public-key/XMPP/VPN hosting I have to deal with five different service providers. Where are the complete hosting providers? The absence of competition in this area drives many to Google, making data siphoning easy for the NSA. Why has hosting not advanced in the last 10 years? Where are the hosting providers that make end-to-end encrypted email/web/VOIP/XMPP easy and automatic for all my clients?"

Ask Slashdot: Where Are the Complete Hosting Providers?

I never cheated an honest man, only rascals. They wanted something for nothing. I gave them nothing for something. -- Joseph "Yellow Kid" Weil