Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

×
Education The Internet Technology

Ask Slashdot: It's 2014 -- Which New Technologies Should I Learn? 387

Posted by Soulskill
from the integrated-abacus-solutions dept.
An anonymous reader writes "I've been a software engineer for about 15 years, most of which I spent working on embedded systems (small custom systems running Linux), developing in C. However, web and mobile technologies seem to be taking over the world, and while I acknowledge that C isn't going away anytime soon, many job offers (at least those that seem interesting and in small companies) are asking for knowledge on these new technologies (web/mobile). Plus, I'm interested in them anyway. Unfortunately, there are so many of those new technologies that it's difficult to figure out what would be the best use of my time. Which ones would you recommend? What would be the smallest set of 'new technologies' one should know to be employable in web/mobile these days?"

Ask Slashdot: It's 2014 -- Which New Technologies Should I Learn?

The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made. -- Jean Giraudoux