Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

Note: You can take 10% off all Slashdot Deals with coupon code "slashdot10off." ×
Education Programming

Ask Slashdot: Best Options For Ongoing Education? 149

An anonymous reader writes "Lately, with the volatility of the economy, I have been thinking of expanding my education to reach into other areas related to my career. I have a computer science degree from Purdue and have been employed as a firmware engineer for 10+ years writing C and C++. I like what I do, but to me it seems that most job opportunities are available for people with skills in higher level languages such as ASP, .NET, C#, PHP, Scripting, Web applications and so on. Is it worth going back to school to get this training? I was thinking that a computer information technology degree would fit the bill, but I am concerned that going back to college would require a lot of time wasted doing electives and taking courses that don't get to the 'meat' of the learning. What would you do?"

Ask Slashdot: Best Options For Ongoing Education?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

"You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape." - Ellyn Mustard