Note: You can take 10% off all Slashdot Deals with coupon code "slashdot10off." ×
Education

Ask Slashdot: What Essays and Short Stories Should Be In a Course On Futurism? 293

Ellen Spertus writes "I'll be teaching an interdisciplinary college course on how technology is changing the world and how students can influence that change. In addition to teaching the students how to create apps, I'd like for us to read and discuss short stories and essays about how the future (next 40 years) might play out. For example, we'll read excerpts from David Brin's Transparent Society and Ray Kurzweil's The Singularity is Near. I'm also considering excerpts of Cory Doctorow's Homeland and Neal Stephenson's Diamond Age. What other suggestions do Slashdotters have?"

Ask Slashdot: What Essays and Short Stories Should Be In a Course On Futurism?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

Do you suffer painful elimination? -- Don Knuth, "Structured Programming with Gotos"