Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

Note: You can take 10% off all Slashdot Deals with coupon code "slashdot10off." ×
Education Programming

Ask Slashdot: Modern Web Development Applied Science Associates Degree? 246

First time accepted submitter campingman777 writes "I am being asked by students to develop an associates of applied science in modern web development at my community college. I proposed the curriculum to some other web forums and they were absolutely against it. Their argument was that students would not learn enough higher math, algorithms, and data structures to be viable employees when their industry changes every five years. As part of our mission is to turn out employees immediately ready for the work force, is teaching knowledge-based careers as a vocation appropriate?"

Ask Slashdot: Modern Web Development Applied Science Associates Degree?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

"Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal." - Zaphod Beeblebrox in "Hithiker's Guide to the Galaxy"