Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

×
Education Technology

Ask Slashdot: How Do I Change Tech Careers At 30? 451

from the question-is-will-you-trust-yourself-next-year? dept.
First time accepted submitter possiblybored writes "I'm 30, and I am a technology teacher and the school's technology coordinator. I like my job, but I have been having thoughts about switching careers and focusing more on technology in the private sector. I like Microsoft products and would head in that direction, probably. Is it too late for me to think about this? What is the best way to get started on this path? I'm not so much interested in programming (though I'd like to learn a language some day) as much as I am intrigued by topics like setting up e-mail servers, reading about cloud stuff like Office 365, and looking at information on collaborative technology. I'm a good teacher and excel at explaining things as well. Any advice the community could offer would be greatly appreciated!"

Ask Slashdot: How Do I Change Tech Careers At 30?

The tao that can be tar(1)ed is not the entire Tao. The path that can be specified is not the Full Path.