Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

×
Programming

Ask Slashdot: What's New In Legacy Languages? 247

from the why-in-my-day-we-didn't-have-feet dept.
First time accepted submitter liquiddark writes "I was listening to a younger coworker talk to someone the other day about legacy technologies, and he mentioned .NET as a specific example. It got me thinking — what technologies are passing from the upstart and/or mainstream phases into the world of legacy technology? What tech are you working with now that you hope to retire in the next few years? What will you replace it with?"

Ask Slashdot: What's New In Legacy Languages?

You can not win the game, and you are not allowed to stop playing. -- The Third Law Of Thermodynamics