Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

×
Programming

C++ and the STL 12 Years Later: What Do You Think Now? 435

Posted by Unknown Lamer
from the bringing-c-programmers-halfway-to-haskell dept.
profBill (98315) writes "Way back in 2002, Slashdot ran a story asking what people thought about C++ and the STL. Well, it's 2014 and C++11 is well out there with C++14 on its way.

I teach a second programming course in C++ with a heavy emphasis on the STL (containers and generic algorithms). I just wondered what people think about the situation today. Personally, I think C++11 has cleaned up a lot of problems, making it easier to use, but given all those who work with C++ for a living, I wondered what they thought today compared to then. Are people using C++11? Does it matter at all? I'd love to share the responses with my students! They are always curious about what practitioners are doing these days."

C++ and the STL 12 Years Later: What Do You Think Now?

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning