Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

Slashdot Deals: Prep for the CompTIA A+ certification exam. Save 95% on the CompTIA IT Certification Bundle ×
Databases Microsoft Software

Ask Slashdot: Easy-To-Use Alternative To MS Access For a Charity's Database? 281

New submitter danzvash (447536) writes "I'm doing some volunteering for a street kids charity in Senegal, West Africa, and they need a new database to store all their information for the kids, and to help the funding organizations like UNICEF. The charity staff have a few computers running Windows 7. Being a die-hard OSS geek I'm more inclined to knock up a MySQL backend with a Django (or similar) front-end and run the whole thing from a reliable VPS. But it needs to be understandable by the non-geeks in the charity — there is no IT expertise here. Is there anything that can allow me to design and edit databases, tables, and forms but doesn't require an MS license?"

Ask Slashdot: Easy-To-Use Alternative To MS Access For a Charity's Database?

Related Links Top of the: day, week, month.

Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success. -- Christopher Lascl