Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

×
Businesses IT

Ask Slashdot: In What Other Occupations Are IT Skills and Background Useful? 158

Posted by samzenpus
from the using-your-skills dept.
An anonymous reader writes "Here on Slashdot we sometimes see questions about how to get IT jobs while having little experience, changing from one specialty to another, or being (gasp) middle aged. And, we see comments that bemoan various aspects of IT work and express a desire to do something entirely different. This is what I'm wondering about, and I thought I'd put my questions to Ask Slashdot. Has anyone successfully applied their years of IT experience to other lines of work? Is the field that you moved on to entirely unrelated, or is there a more substantial link to your new (but clearly not IT) role?"

Ask Slashdot: In What Other Occupations Are IT Skills and Background Useful?

He: Let's end it all, bequeathin' our brains to science. She: What?!? Science got enough trouble with their OWN brains. -- Walt Kelly