What's the story with these ads on Slashdot? Check out our new blog post to find out. ×
Education Hardware Hacking Build Hardware

Ask Slashdot: PC-Based Oscilloscopes On a Microbudget? 172

New submitter fffdddooo (3692429) writes I know it's something that people used to ask every few years, but answers get old so quickly. I'm an electronics teacher, and I'm wondering if it's possible to find some oscilloscope (and why not spectrum analyser?) for recommending to my students, to be able to work at home. I'm thinking of something near $50-$70. Two or three years ago, I'm sure the answer was No, but nowadays? The same reader points out two options spotted on Amazon: one that's "very cheap but Khz" (it's also a kit that requires assembly), and another that aims to be capable of 20MHz, 2-channel operation. What's out there, he'd like to know, that's not junk?

Ask Slashdot: PC-Based Oscilloscopes On a Microbudget?

Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. - Kahlil Gibran