Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×
Perl Programming

Perl Domination in CGI Programming? 432 432

at0m asks: "Perl seems to be the language that most people use for CGI programming. But is there a good reason for it? Sure, it's easier to use Perl than a lower level language, but programs would be more efficient if C/C++ were used. Programmers don't sacrifice this efficiency when programming applications, so why is it the standard to use a higher level language for CGI, when one wouldn't use one for other programs? I've been using Perl for all my CGI projects, but for my next one I'm contemplating using C++ to make it more efficient. did I make the correct assumption?" Most CGI apps prefer development speed over the complexity inherent in C/C++, which is why Perl and other scripting languages are used. Your thoughts?

Perl Domination in CGI Programming?

Work smarter, not harder, and be careful of your speling.