Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Programming IT Technology

Memory Leaks 34

G3ck0G33k writes: "Is there any free software version/clone of Rational's programs PureCoverage and/or Purify? I have worked with both of them on fairly large projects (>150,000 lines of code) and they were great to work with. When the first runs of Purify found nearly fifty instances of minor memory leaks, I was deeply frustrated/impressed. A free (perhaps GPLd) clone would be so interesting; Rational's licensing is killing my current budget. Of course, the more kinds of leaks it may detect, the better. GeckoGeek" We had a similar question last year but there's no harm in seeing what the current answers are.

Memory Leaks

"Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the same entropy to create bugs instead?" -- Steve Elias