Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Android Communications Wireless Networking

Ask Slashdot: Data-Only Phone, Voice Over WiFi? 208

enFi writes "I want to pay one ISP (only!) for data (only!), and use it for my smartphone and my computer; and until they catch up, I want not to inconvenience the rest of the world — still let them call a phone number. (We all want this, right?) I'm most of the way there: my plan is to get a Clear Spot (their 4G WiMAX coverage is good for me) to use with my unlocked Nexus S (which will only ever use WiFi). I could just use Skype and an Online Number, but talk of and the recent Google Voice / SIP article make me think I'm only starting to untangle the mess of services and options. Is there a good (not to mention best) way to do this?"

Ask Slashdot: Data-Only Phone, Voice Over WiFi?

I bet the human brain is a kludge. -- Marvin Minsky