Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. ×
Android Cellphones Networking

Ask Slashdot: Which Android Phone (and Carrier) For WiFi Proxy Support? 125

frisket writes "My current phone contract is about to run out, and I'm due a phone upgrade. My HTC Hero has been fine except for the notorious lack of Android proxy support for wireless connections, so I want a new Android phone which provides this. None of the phone companies hereabouts (Ireland) seems to know anything about this, and the forums offer conflicting advice. Is it true that wifi proxy support is disabled to force users to use their phone company's IP connection? What choices do I have (if any)?"

Ask Slashdot: Which Android Phone (and Carrier) For WiFi Proxy Support?

"There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things we don't know yet." -Ambrose Bierce