Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Wireless Networking Open Source Upgrades Hardware IT

Ask Slashdot: Best Flash-Friendly Router To Replace Aging WRT54GS? 334

New submitter Juggler00 writes "I have been running DD-WRT (v24-sp2) on my Linksys WRT54GS for a couple of years now. I'm now finding that the box cannot keep up with the requests/requirements I have for it--it simply does not have the MIPS/horsepower. I am turning to the collective wisdom of the Slashdot community for 2 things: what alternative firmware should I be using (DD-WRT, Tomato, OpenWRT, or something else?) and based on the answer to this question, what is the suggested router to purchase to flash? My software requirements include DynDNS client, DHCP server providing option 66, static IP assignment based on MAC, port forwarding, and basic QoS (bittorrent lowest priority). For hardware, I'm looking for GigE ports and 802.11N (5.8GHz not a requirement)."

Ask Slashdot: Best Flash-Friendly Router To Replace Aging WRT54GS?

The confusion of a staff member is measured by the length of his memos. -- New York Times, Jan. 20, 1981