Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Power Technology

Ask Slashdot: Home Testing For Solar Roof Coverage? 85

DudeTheMath writes "Here in the Sunshine State (Florida), solar should be a no-brainer. However, large oaks that require permits to trim partially shade my roof. I'd like to (inexpensively) 'pre-qualify' my roof for effective panel area. Googling for 'home solar testing' gets me equipment for checking the efficiency of an existing PV installation. Do any makers know what I can do on my own in terms of placing a few individual cells and, over a year, measuring and recording their output, so I can get an idea whether solar would be cost-effective for me?"

Ask Slashdot: Home Testing For Solar Roof Coverage?

Programmers used to batch environments may find it hard to live without giant listings; we would find it hard to use them. -- D.M. Ritchie