Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

Compare cell phone plans using Wirefly's innovative plan comparison tool ×
Graphics Portables Hardware Linux

Ask Slashdot: Best Laptop With Decent Linux Graphics Support? 260

jcreus writes "After struggling for some years with Nvidia cards (the laptop from which I am writing this has two graphic cards, an Intel one and Nvidia one, and is a holy mess [I still haven't been able to use the Nvidia card]) and, encouraged by Torvalds' middle finger speech, I've decided to ditch Nvidia for something better. I am expecting to buy another laptop and, this time, I'd like to get it right from the start. It would be interesting if it had decent graphics support and, in general, were Linux friendly. While I know Dell has released a Ubuntu laptop, it's way off-budget. My plan is to install Ubuntu, Kubuntu (or even Debian), with dual boot unfortunately required." So: what's the state of the art for out-of-the-box support?

Ask Slashdot: Best Laptop With Decent Linux Graphics Support?

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to work.