Please create an account to participate in the Slashdot moderation system

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Education

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer? 514

ichimunki writes "I am a mid-career software developer. I am from the Midwestern U.S. and my native language is English. I've studied a few languages over the years, both human and computer. Lately I've begun to wonder what is the best second (human) language for someone in this field to have. Or is there even any practical value in working to become fluent in a non-English language? I am not planning to travel or move/work abroad. But if I knew a second language, would I be able to participate in a larger programming community worldwide? Would I be able to work with those folks in some useful capacity? Perhaps building products for foreign markets?"

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer?

"Oh my! An `inflammatory attitude' in alt.flame? Never heard of such a thing..." -- Allen Gwinn, allen@sulaco.Sigma.COM