Compare cell phone plans using Wirefly's innovative plan comparison tool ×
Education

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer? 514

ichimunki writes "I am a mid-career software developer. I am from the Midwestern U.S. and my native language is English. I've studied a few languages over the years, both human and computer. Lately I've begun to wonder what is the best second (human) language for someone in this field to have. Or is there even any practical value in working to become fluent in a non-English language? I am not planning to travel or move/work abroad. But if I knew a second language, would I be able to participate in a larger programming community worldwide? Would I be able to work with those folks in some useful capacity? Perhaps building products for foreign markets?"

Ask Slashdot: 2nd Spoken/Written Language For Software Developer?

The only way to learn a new programming language is by writing programs in it. - Brian Kernighan