Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Crime The Almighty Buck Hardware Technology

Ask Slashdot: Starting From Scratch After a Burglary? 770

New submitter sc30317 writes "My house got robbed on Friday, and all of our electronics got stolen. Everything. Now, I have to go out and buy all new electronics with the insurance money. We had five TVs (don't ask), three laptops, a Bose Sound dock with iPod, a digital camera, and a desktop stolen. It's looking like I am going to get around $10K from the insurance company to replace everything. What would you do if you had to replace ALL of your technology in your house at once? I'm thinking: replace TVs; nice Desktop; new speakers; and new, cool stuff I don't know about (suggestions welcome). I already added a DVR security system, so hopefully the new things won't get burgled! Looking for suggestions to utilize my money in order to get the best stuff. Also, no Windows computers allowed in my house."

Ask Slashdot: Starting From Scratch After a Burglary?

Somebody's terminal is dropping bits. I found a pile of them over in the corner.