Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Education Programming

Ask Slashdot: Best Options For Ongoing Education? 149

An anonymous reader writes "Lately, with the volatility of the economy, I have been thinking of expanding my education to reach into other areas related to my career. I have a computer science degree from Purdue and have been employed as a firmware engineer for 10+ years writing C and C++. I like what I do, but to me it seems that most job opportunities are available for people with skills in higher level languages such as ASP, .NET, C#, PHP, Scripting, Web applications and so on. Is it worth going back to school to get this training? I was thinking that a computer information technology degree would fit the bill, but I am concerned that going back to college would require a lot of time wasted doing electives and taking courses that don't get to the 'meat' of the learning. What would you do?"

Ask Slashdot: Best Options For Ongoing Education?

After the last of 16 mounting screws has been removed from an access cover, it will be discovered that the wrong access cover has been removed.