Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Books Education Input Devices Hardware

Ask Slashdot: E-ink Reader For Academic Papers? 134

Albanach writes "Recently, I purchased an e-ink Kindle. I like real paper books, but I'm reading lots of academic papers. The Kindle is a nice way to carry and read them, and I went through several documents, highlighting important passages. Now I learn that there is no supported way to actually get a highlighted personal document back off of the Kindle with the highlights intact. I don't need lectures about DRM, proprietary software or anything else along those lines — there are other things the Kindle can and will be used for. What I would like to know is whether there's another e-ink reader that does let you add your own documents, then highlight them and export the altered document. Or does someone know of a way to achieve this using the Kindle itself?"

Ask Slashdot: E-ink Reader For Academic Papers?

Recent investments will yield a slight profit.