Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Education

Ask Slashdot: Fastest, Cheapest Path To a Bachelor's Degree? 370

First time accepted submitter AnOminusCowHerd (3399855) writes "I have an Associates degree in programming and systems analysis, and over a decade of experience in the field. I work primarily as a contractor, so I'm finding a new job/contract every year or two. And every year, it gets harder to convince potential employers/clients that 10-12 years of hands-on experience doing what they need done, trumps an additional 2 years of general IT education.

So, I'd like to get a Bachelor's degree (preferably IT-related, ideally CS, accredited of course). If I can actually learn something interesting and useful in the process, that would be a perk, but mainly, I just want a BSCS to add to my resume. I would gladly consider something like the new GA Tech MOOC-based MSCS degree program — in fact, I applied there, and was turned down. After the initial offering, they rewrote the admissions requirements to spell out the fact that only people with a completed 4-year degree would be considered, work experience notwithstanding."

Ask Slashdot: Fastest, Cheapest Path To a Bachelor's Degree?

Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith. - Paul Tillich, German theologian and historian