Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

Trust the World's Fastest VPN with Your Internet Security & Freedom - A Lifetime Subscription of PureVPN at 88% off. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. ×
Databases Microsoft Software

Ask Slashdot: Easy-To-Use Alternative To MS Access For a Charity's Database? 281

New submitter danzvash (447536) writes "I'm doing some volunteering for a street kids charity in Senegal, West Africa, and they need a new database to store all their information for the kids, and to help the funding organizations like UNICEF. The charity staff have a few computers running Windows 7. Being a die-hard OSS geek I'm more inclined to knock up a MySQL backend with a Django (or similar) front-end and run the whole thing from a reliable VPS. But it needs to be understandable by the non-geeks in the charity — there is no IT expertise here. Is there anything that can allow me to design and edit databases, tables, and forms but doesn't require an MS license?"

Ask Slashdot: Easy-To-Use Alternative To MS Access For a Charity's Database?

HELP!!!! I'm being held prisoner in /usr/games/lib!