- __Server_running_locally__ (as opposed to in the cloud) on windows (IT departments choice, non-negotiable)
- Good/easy to use Windows clients (IT departments choice / company policy, again non-negotiable)
- Use windows credentials (maybe, single sign on)
- Open source server/client (personal preference)
- Well established Project that will not disappear/ get unmaintained within a foreseeable future
- Do basic test on the code (Syntax errors, pytest/nose/or alike with coverage (of tests), check coding style)
- email notifications
- good documentation
- reasonable price for 5 — 10 users : free — 500€
Things that would be great ...
- web interface (like github) would be nice
- integration of bug tracking / bug reports
- possibility to do and print out a code review
- some kind of jupyter / ipython integration
Things I am not sure I will need but seem to be a good idea at the time of writing...
- Include other files/ file types for measurement data, documentation and user manuals (docx, xml, xlsx, gz, ...)
- When thinking about measurement data /reports it would be great to have digital signatures (--> FDA compliant). I know this is extremely hard, if this exists I would love it, if not I am fine. Somehow this feels like mixed document/version control, but I would love to have data + code + text = report at the same place to easily find implications of a bug — which data has to be re-evaluated and so on.