Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

×
Hardware

Ask Slashdot: Keeping Personal Tech Cool In Extreme Heat? 165

from the we'd-like-to-know-in-middle-texas-too dept.
An anonymous reader writes "I live in the Middle East. Summer temperatures occasionally reach 60C/140F, well over the operating specs for most consumer tech. Quite a number of work and residential compounds are secured, prohibiting everything from computers to cameras to phones to USB sticks to car remote controls. When I know that I'm visiting one of those compounds, I end up leaving all the tech I can at home or in the office, and only bringing a cell phone, and leaving it in my car. However, "only a cell phone" has quickly morphed into "only two cell phones, a car MP3 player and remote, and .... ooh, shiny... a new tablet... and an electric razor just in case I have to touch up before a party in a compound." I'm wondering what kind of technologies we have for keeping all this tech cool for four hours in the car. Overnight events might last longer, but won't be as hot."

Ask Slashdot: Keeping Personal Tech Cool In Extreme Heat?

Real programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC after reaching puberty.